1 cup slice almonds, lightly toasted, divided
2 sticks butter, softened
½ c powdered sugar, sifted
¼ tsp. Sale
1 ½ cup flous, sifted
12 oz pack choc. Chips
12 oz can sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp almond extract
1. Heat oven to 350* and grease 9X13 baking dish
2. Finely grind 1/3 cup cooled almonds in blender
3. Beat butter, powdered sugar and salt til creamy
4. Add flour and ground almonds and stir til well blended
5. With floured hands, press dough evenly into prepared pan and Bake 20-25 minutes
Til lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt chips and condensed milk stirring constantly. Stir in almond extract.
Spread evenly over shortbread. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and press firmly. Chill 3 hours and cut to bars.