3/4/09

Cornbread Pie

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can tomato soup
1 can whole kernel corn
1 jiffy cornmeal mix (or homemade, recipe below)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 TBLS chili powder

Brown beef and onion in skillet, then add soup, corn, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
Mix well and let simmer 15 minutes. Meantime, Make cornbread mix.
Turn beef mixture into a greased 1 ½ qt baking dish.
Top with cornbread batter and bake 350* for 20 minutes.

(Homemade cornbread mix)
Stir together:
¾ cup cornmeal
1 TBLS flour
1 TBLS sugar
1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
Add:
1 egg, beaten
½ c milk
1 TLBS bacon drippings

You can pour this over beef mixture instead of jiffy cornbread batter.

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will anser him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Psalm 91:14-16

Kari-1995

No comments: