2 1/4 lb flank steak
6 T butter or margarine
1 clove garlic, halved
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans mushrooms, drained
3 T flour
1/8 t pepper
3 T beef base
1 can beef broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 T dillweed
1 cup sour cream
1. Place steak in freezer 15 min. (will be easier to slice).
2. Trim off excess fat. Slice steak 1/4 inch think, across the grain; cut long strips into 2 1/2 inch pieces.
3. In large skillet, heat 2 T butter until very hot. Add sliced steak; brown quickly on both sides. Remove from pan as it browns; continue browning rest of beef.
4. Add remaining butter to skillet. Sauté garlic, onion and mushrooms 5 min. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Add beef base. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to boiling, stirring until thickened; reduce hear, and simmer 5 min.
6. Over low heat, stir in wine, dill, and sour cream. Add browned beef; heat slowly until thoroughly hot. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This used to be a real family favorite. Made it just the other day and Bob and I ate the whole thing. Love those leftovers.